First Presbyterian Church Preschool
Now accepting applications for the 2013-14 school year
First Presbyterian Church Preschool is a ministry of First Presbyterian Church of Salinas and is a non-profit, non-sectarian, and non-partisan organization. The school is licensed by the State of California.
To offer a preschool program that provides for the development of the whole child, and enhances their spiritual, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth under the supervision of state approved teachers.
Features Of Our School
- Highly qualified teachers.
- Teachers are proclaimed Christians and are active in a church.
- The school is supported by a board of parents who are active church members.
- Supervised Art & Activity Time includes arts and crafts, dramatic play, block building, sand play, carpentry, manipulatives, play-doh and library.
- Teacher-directed music, movement, finger-plays, and stories (including Bible stories).
- Children learn from their play experiences. Each child develops according to his own individual needs and interests.
- Each child is uniquely created by God with his/her own special gifts.
- Our most important contributions to each child are that he feels he is special, God loves him, school is fun, learning is satisfying, and he can be confident in a school situation.
We now offer two morning scheduling options in both the 3 & 4-year-old classes:
- Non Co-op Program: Parents are not required to work in the classroom but are welcome to volunteer at their discretion.
- Co-op Program: Parents are required to work in the classroom 1 - 3 times a month on a rotating basis.
Facts For You To Know
- 3-year-olds (by October 2nd) meet twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- 4-year-olds (by October 2nd) meet three days a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- The 3 and 4-year-old programs are in session from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- School is in session September through May.
- Holidays are the same as those observed by the Salinas City School District.
- The child to adult ratio is 6 to 1 in all classes.
- One parent is required to attend several parent meetings during the year.
Sharon McDougall Director/Teacher
Megan Brock Assistant Teacher
|3-Year-Old Program - Tues–Thurs
4-Year-Old Program - Mon–Wed–Fri
For more information: contact Lesleigh at 408-529-5353 or